The Northern Assembly returns Kirkenes!
The Northern Assembly is
- a parliament of the North
- a party of the North
- a nomadic people’s assembly
- a separatist movement for the Arctic colony
The Northern Assembly held its third sitting during the Barents Spektakel 2017 and, since then, has expanded across the entire Barents region. In a euphoric mood, it was fervently decided that The Northern Assembly was to be registered as a political party. Since then, no less than twenty-five Northern Assemblies have been held, tonnes of t-shirts have been sold and gallons of vodka have been drunk.
But now, with the elections over, Finnmark County is on the way to the scrap heap of history while business has baptized the region «The New Golden Coast». Is there still a need for a Northern Assembly?
Football fans and The Northern Assembly members have a lot in common; the songs, chants and flags are common for both camps, but it is only in one camp, that you can drink vodka, bully the Minister of Fisheries and get a lightning course in political theory – all while tears well in the eyes and hearts burst for a free and independent North.
– Amund Sjølie Sveen: Chairman and Speaker of the Northern Assembly (??),
– Liv Hanne Haugen and Erik Stifjell: Secretariat, dance & music,
– Various other performers and guests.
Production under development.